Skip to main content

Hopes & Hurts


Trying hard to be hopeful about future. Hurt may find door to move out in the present.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life balance

While filling a form, a question popped up about whether there is a work-life balance for me? I wonder why we use such a term? What does it mean? Is working not part of life? Or Do we consider work as thrust upon us unwillingly? Or Do we consider the definition of life as only family, fun, and friends?  I am glad these questions did finally arrive and made me think hard. I am a believer in work and enjoy my work, it's a source of learning, sharing, and experiencing knowledge. My life outside work is also good these days spending time with family and pets. Again, this family life is the source of learning, sharing, and experiencing life and knowledge. Yet I don't think I have a balanced life or a mindset!  To me, the "work-life balance" sounds like an absurd phrase that I fail to understand. For people who swear by the phrase seeing some element of life in it, have a good life. 

Optimist

I awoke at 4 a.m. today with flashbacks to previous situations and experiences. It was quite vivid, and I could see myself being put in many perilous situations, yet there was an inherent optimism within me that drew me out of them. Strangely, I had no idea those were risky situations until today, and if I hadn't been an optimist, my life might have taken a different turn. I realised I had spent the majority of my life oblivious of myself, but my hope for a brighter future kept me going.

Life, Death, and Age

We all often say that age is just a number but when we learn of someone's death, we instantaneously ask the question how old the person was?  And if the answer is beyond 80 years, we happily say 'oh they lived their lives. It was time to pass on.' Why do we easily connect death with age while to live we refer to it as 'just a damn number'? Is it not possible that a 90-year-old may aspire to live more and is doing something meaningful for themselves? Or a 19-year-old could just be tired of life and dragged into a mental condition where death may be a relief point or they live in a conscious coma for the next decade or lifetime?  Death is an equal partner of life, another side of the coin. It should not matter how short or long we live but how well we live and how long is our fire burning or hope to spring within.